Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Nature Printing

After spending the morning getting my Bernina 1090 Quilter's Edition serviced, I spent the afternoon printing leaves. How I just love the whole process: the selecting of the leaves, the fabric, the paint, the inking up of the leaves, and the meditative state of pressing the leaves onto the fabric. I get into a rhythm. The product is neat as well. I hand press but can still get good impressions of the leaf margins and veins. I'm trying a new idea - well, new to me - hope it works out. If all is good, I'll post a photo in a day or two.

Today, shortly, I'm off on a day trip to Orlando to see the Gee's Bend Quilt exhibit with a few of my fiber friends. I'm looking forward to a fun time. So, no quilting today, just more inspiration then I know what to do with!!!

No comments: