Friday, August 22, 2014

Long Time No See

I have been thoroughly enjoying my expanded life as a Granny.  My newest grandchild was born the end of March and I've been sitting for this little fellow.  A Joy!  The other two grandbabies who are 3 1/2 and 1 12 years old now get on Skype often to my life more complete.  Oh, I get to see them in person too - trip to their home and a family reunion.

Those babies as well as traveling has made me put art on the back burner. 

I did manage the first 3 new pieces that were entered in my local Island Art Association's Nouveau art exhibits.  I feel obligated to enter in these 2 month themed shows as I am one of the Association's Exhibiting Artists.

Briny Deep II     SOLD
Slightly Blue  9x9"  $50

Composition Book covers  $35 each

Sisters 16 x 20 "  Commissioned piece
This piece was commissioned after a client saw a similar one of my oldest Grandchild.


 
Beach Scenes 6 x 6"  $50


I quickly completed the Beach Scenes and the composition Book covers - all raw-edged applique and machine stitching.   Short but sweet projects which I enjoy making every once in awhile.  I do have some "car projects" going.  Beach scenes and 2 more "Tidal Pool" pieces.  All on the small size which are easy to hand stitch in the car.


Slowly I feel the itch to create getting stronger.  Time will tell.


1 comment:

zanylady99 said...

Congrats on the sale. Loved all three but of course, sisters makes me grin ear to ear! Hugs!