Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In the Mist of Work, a variety of work







No telling how the pics will be displayed but I'll try and keep the words to the right image.

I've included a teaser: unfinished altered jean jacket. My fiber art group set up a challenge to use an old silk tie in something - My tie was gorgeous - a modern design of gold and black. Jacket is not complete yet - notice the little Fancy Lady pin on the front. I plan to add beads and buttons to finish it off.

There's 4 postcard 4x6ers: 2 of my needlefelting experiments with added silk flowers and leaves and 2 using leftovers of the tie challenge - I will be adding beads, etc. before I finish up.

I've also included an image of my booth set up for the Franklin, TN Christmas Made in the South. Still working on the look. Will add a few more lights.

I have a few purses in the making - have to add buttons and straps - then I take a picture - reusing wallhangings that I didn't much like. I like these purses!

Included some thread doodling. That label I just picked up from one of my fellow fiber artists on the Internet. I forget who, though. So sorry. Anyway, the general idea is to draw with thread and fabric daily. I am so pleased with the results and plan to thread doodle each morning when I'm home to get me started.

No comments: