Thursday, November 8, 2007

Been quietly working






I know I've been very, very quiet lately. Can't even blame traveling/shows. I've been working on projects and didn't want to upload photos until completion. I've been making inchies/charms - enjoying the teeny tiny work - especially adding the beads/charms,flowers, etc. I made sea turtle fabric bowls several years ago. Decided to make a couple more as I am doing the local Amelia Island Fall Art Festival this weekend. Maybe, just maybe my past customer will come by and see I've made more. The design is my own - I've used my hand dyed fabrics. I've made bunches of purses, I call "All Squared" - taking a quilted square and folding it into the triangle. I've added crochet straps and beads. The last two photos are examples of small pieces, series called "Cherished Ones" - 8 x 10ish (the dance ones are a bit larger). Oh, I made some smaller as well. I made these so customers can slide their own photos in vinyl or net pockets. I've finished up some needlfelted Christmas tags/ornaments. Probably will make a few more of those. My two holiday shows are coming up fast (Savannah GA Nov 16 - 18 and Jacksonville, FL Nov 23 - 25).

No comments: