Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Needle Felting Online Class




Been very busy taking advantage of an online class in machine needle felting from Linda Matthews @ http://www.creative-textile-and-quilting-arts.com/ The 2 week format has worked for me. Of course, I've been home for a change and have no deadlines for exhibits and shows. Oh, I do have to make an exception, I did create a new piece for my local art association's challenge - "Song Titles". I did a 12x12" piece that included a music page, cheesecloth, roving, buttons, beads, old linens - mixed media for sure - I was inspired by an article in Quilting Arts Gifts.

4 comments:

castelane said...

Your felting is beautiful. I have a movie for needle-felting newbies on my site. It shows how to make a felt sheep. You can watch it at: http://www.kimchatel.com/Felt_Movie.html

I also used needle-felting to illustrate a children's book. I love that this unique art form is gaining more recognition.

Diane said...

Kim, much thanks. Needlefelting is new to me and I'm having a ball. I've made tons of felted beads by a single needle. Now that I have a machine needle felter I'm up for other things. Again, thanks for your compliment.

Your movie is grand. Bet the book is as well.

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Your needle felting and the music challenge pieces are all beautiful! The song title quilt reminds me of crazy quilts with all the nice embellishing.

Christy said...

Diane this little Songs piece is beautiful. As I am NOT a person who sews I have to say the way you stitch your signature is about the coolest thing I've ever seen. This piece is just so lovely and I like looking at each little bit and discovering something different each time.