Monday, February 9, 2009


I posted this on the Art-A-Week blog but my darling sister thought I ought to post it here. I heavily machine quilted a reject stamped piece, then rolled black paint over the whole thing, then rolled some gold paint to finish. I'll be making a book cover, I believe.


I used my own hand carved sea turtle stamp on previously monoprinted fabric. I strip pieced the borders and free motion machine quilted to complete. It's 12 - 15"



Another finished 12 - 15". I used the previously stamped cloth, added strip pieced border and machine quilted it. I apologize for the images. I wanted to get the images up. I'll retake them in better lighting some other time.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Very effect color choices and quilting is magnificent! Love how you set them too.

Rachel Biel said...

Ooooo! Love the texture in that first one! Almost looks alive!

Just came over to take a look at your work. Welcome to our Fiber Focus Group! Make sure to load some photos soon so the others can appreciate your beautiful pieces!