Monday, July 27, 2009

Fiber Pieces take Some Time

"One Among Many" (just a detail) begin with my enchantment over my work table paint cover. I added stenciling and white circles and then machine quilted the piece. I've added fabric beads and seed beads. There's appliqued circles that I have to stitch down. The binding is all done. Yeah.My FAN group (check the right sidebar for further information) put out a challenge to make a 15 x 15" piece using this paper.
This is a close-up image. I had a great time. I appliqued the paper flower and quilted the piece. I then layered the orange batik onto felt, cut out the petals and stitched them individually and attached them down the center of the petals to the quilt. I crocheted a little orange spiky flower and added another flower and attached both with a teeny button. What fun!


The color of this image isn't accurate. The detail image is more like the real piece.



This blurred image is a mock-up of a larger piece that I'll be entering in my local art association (check Island Art Association link for further information). This is a relatively simple piece but I like it.




No comments: