Monday, October 12, 2009

Fun with Paper Fabric











One of my groups I belong to mmartfriends@yahoogroups.com is holding a workshop following "Stitch Alchemy" by Kelli Perkins.
http://www.amazon.com/Stitch-Alchemy-Combining-Fabric-Paper/dp/1596681136
So I've been experimenting. Here are some of my first attempts. I've used muslin as the base fabric and watered white glue (I'm using all the glue I have in my art stash - Sobo, Alene's tacky, Elmer's). I didn't take notes on which is which. Oh, well. I'll go for the most inexpensive in the future - Elmer's I believe. I added various papers - napkins, printed tissue, book pages, dress pattern tissue. Sometimes I ended with a layer of tissue. Sometime I painted a wash when the glue was still dry.
Yesterday I collaged on more papers so I can start using inks to cover them.



4 comments:

Jan said...

Hi, I'm a memeber of the MMART group too, participating in the book study. Your pages look great! Everyones are so different. This is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing what further things people do with their stitch paper. Thanks for posting.
Jan in Oregon

sisa said...

hello, I'm a member of the MMART group too. I love your pages and have one question: It looks to me as if in some of your fabrics (for example the one with the dress pattern tissue) the tissue paper is a single piece and has not been torn or cut up. Is this so? And does it work fine? Maybe I'll try to post some photos of my fabric papers later. Thanks
Suzanne from Luxembourg

Diane said...

I've done both - whole tissue on top and strips of tissue. I think both will work. I read somewhere to layer a whole sheet on, so I wanted to try that. I'm still experimenting. I think about anything goes.

Dotti said...

These are looking good Diane!

http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com