Monday, July 13, 2015

Newest eco-dyed scarves and work in progress


 These 3 scarves were eco-dyed using leaves I collected on my recent trip to Maine.  I was enamored by the different shades of green on the many different kinds of trees.  I don't know the names of the trees the leaves came from but some printed very well, some didn't pass on their colors to well.  The scarves on the left I will be stitching the short ends together so they'll look nice wrapped around the neck.  The lightly printed parts will compliment the dark areas.  One scarf for me and one for my friend with whom I visited up North.  A remembrance of our great time together.

The following image is one of three pieces in progress.  One stitch at a time.  No hurry.  I sure love the slow meditative pace hand stitching allows.

3 comments:

zanylady99 said...

Oh la la, I love them! The scarves will be great. I love the little collage!

Terriea Kwong said...

The hand stitched little collage is pretty. Feel a kind of collection.

Diane said...

I've done several. Just love the ecoprinted assortment of fabrics and the slow stitching. Thanks for visiting, Marlene and Terriea.