Saturday, January 26, 2008

Comission done, Challenge in progress




My commission pillow is now done. The image with the flowers is just a teaser. I will upload the whole image later. I used the frog stitch - rip it, rip it the first time around - didn't like the patchwork I first tried - the fabrics of the different clothing just didn't piece very well and the design was off. So, I started from scratch and I am pleased with the result. Hope my client is as well. I've added a surprise factor that I will disclose later after the pillow is delivered to my client.

I've been painting - monoprinting to be exact. I subscribe to www.workshopontheweb.com and used the workshop on monoprinting for the upcoming challenge of my local art association. The theme is "Two color combination." One of the images shows the multitude of small pieces I've printed using 2 colors plus white. I added some Shiva oil stick rubbings and black stamping to some. One image is my clean up cloth - I love it!!!! I've put up an image of my pin basted top that I'll be machine quilting later. I may add some of the painted cheesecloth and yarn afterwards. I have a some project in mind to use some of the rest of the prints and some beads but time is running out to make the show - jurying is Monday - this Monday!!!!

1 comment:

Cathy Breedyk Law said...

Had to check out your blog after the frame question. I love the work that you have been doing with monoprints and shiva sticks. I have been playing with paint on fabric for the last year as well. It is so much fun to add other media to your fibre art.Don't we live in a great era where we can t explore so many things?
I blog too, every Sat. as part of my Seven Threads Studios Fibre Art Gruop. You can find us at
www.seventhreadsstudios.blogspot.com
Cathy