Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fabric Portraits


Struggled and struggled over a portrait of my ballerina daughter, Kara. I had to learn my way around Photoshop elements. I spent a lot of time learning a little. And a big thanks to my friend Jayne at http://jaynegaskins.com. A good and patient and encouraging fiber friend! She lead me through some steps in making a photo easier to turn into a fiber piece. I had to work with the colors a bunch. The flesh was way too pink but a couple of layers of gold netting improved it, in my humble opinion. Anyway, it's off to be juried. Hope it gets in. "The Ballerina" is 16x16."
This one is of my daughter as well but more abstract. "Ballet Class" is smaller than the above one - 12 x 9." I was experimenting. I'm waiting for a critique.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

These are really beautiful!

Cate Rose said...

Wow, these are wonderful!

Createology said...

You must be a quick study. This is beautiful. You have really captured the portrait look. Keep creating...