Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quiet for some time but busy

AN EARLY VALENTINE - Awhile ago, I spent some time getting ready for a mini workshop for my local fiber art group. I made a foundation cloth by laying down fabric shapes and lace, layered a netting on top and stitched a grid. I cut 4x6" rectangles to make postcards. I added papers, ribbon, and fabric collage pieces. I free motioned them down. I finished up the card by zig zagging cardstock to the back. I also simply collaged fabric/paper, glued first then stitched to make greeting cards.



Lastly, I sewed a stuffed valentine, making a fabric collage first and then stitching it to another heart. Just fun! I've always been turned on by holidays. My fiber group ended up making just the postcards. But they all seemed to have a good time creating.





1 comment:

Createology said...

I love your Valentine collage fabric and then your postcards and stuffed heart you made with it. You have been busy. Keep creating...