"Maple Monotypes" is completed. The top was constructed awhile ago and has been gracing my design wall. I extensively machine quilted it. I just love the maple leaves which I collected at my sister's house in California years ago. Dried leaves can be used over and over again, but there is a limit. I'll have to get more on my next visit.
I've been busy getting my instructor write up for this year's Nature Printing Society's Workshop in Oregon for this September. I'm giving a basic leaf printing on fabric day long class. I designed a nature journal as one of the projects I'll be offering. The journal covers will be sewn before hand, the printers will do their magical printing. For the inside papers, the printers will partially clean their brayers and sponges after printing their leaves. The journals are constructed quite simply using a hole punch, twig, rubber band or string. I did enjoy the trial and error process that I had to go through. I am happy with the product: something beautiful and simply to construct.