Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One Touch of Nature Fabric book

I had a ball creating my nature book this past weekend. I printed some leaves on pages - direct printing and some monotypes. I used some of my previously hand dyed fabrics. I also had a grand time looking up quotes about leaves and about nature to add to the pages. I printed the sayings on transfer paper and ironed them in place. Sure have to remember not to get the hot iron anywhere near the transfers. I included some of the pages - 24 pages altogether.

I entered this book and my Leaf Reflections in the Island Art Association's Nouveau Art Exhibit - "Nature's Notebook" is the theme. I forgot to mention that I was awarded an Honorable Mention for "Silent Charlie" in the last Nouveau Art show. I am honored to be honored!!!!!!














4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful!

Createology said...

This is a beautiful tribute to nature and I see it as a first place winner! Happy creating...

Diane said...

Createology and Vicki, thanks for coming to my blog. I sure appreciate the comments. And Createology, though I love "One touch of nature," it didn't bring in any prizes. But then again, I don't create for "a prize." I'm complelled to create and create I shall.

Marlene said...

Super creative! Looks like you had a good time creating it and that's the important part. Of course, it my book, it's grand prize winner!