Friday, August 27, 2010

Queen of Hearts Done!

                         
The Queen of Hearts is completed. I had a deadline in mind as I will be out of town when it is really due.  My fiber group is beginning a Playing Card Challenge.  I've completed the Ace of Clubs as well.  I'll get that image up shortly.   The image below is a work in progress.  I wasn't getting the values correct and almost trashed it.  Once again my fiber friends in FAN - Fiber Artists Networks, Jacksonville, FL spurred me on to work on the values more.  So, I'm still working on it.  The lips and eyes need more attention plus more hair elements are in the works.  My model, darling daughter is quite a beauty.  I don't want her portrait anything but beautiful.  Again for both these portraits, I've used Ellen Lindner's applique technique.
             
Work in Progress

No comments: