Sunday, December 12, 2010

Merry Christmas

I'm heading up to Kentucky for the pending arrival of my first grandchild.  I am ever so excited.  I haven't been doing much "art" per say.  I've made a few baby things:  crochet hats, fabric balls and blankets.  I English paper pieced small hexagons for an "I spy" quilt ages ago for a little one (when I was dreaming of grandchildren).
 
I did create a scrappy fabric journal like the one Mary Ann Moss teaches at http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/ (She's having a December discount for the class).


This journal is "Baby boy" themed.  Imagine that.  I plan to document the fella's arrival and first days with his mommy, daddy, granny and gramps.  Maybe someday the fella will enjoy looking at it with me.  I know I'll enjoy writing my thoughts, adding pictures, etc.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year!

3 comments:

Createology said...

Safe Travels. Enjoy that baby boy and definitely record everything in that fabulous journal you have made. The time passes so fast. Happy Holly Jolly Joy to you...

Diane said...

Thank you. Traveling, after airline delay, went okay. I got where I needed to be just in time for the arrival of Max Daniel. I'm a very grateful and happy granny.

cindy said...

Love your journal and what a spectacular story to tell within its pages! Congrats on your grandbaby!