Monday, January 31, 2011

Two new Pieces featuring the octopus



You may remember that in September I printed these guys/gals up at the Nature Printing Society's Workshop in Oregon.  I  am finally getting around to quilting the prints up.

The first piece is called "Octopus" - very original title, I might say.  It was a practice piece that turned out just fine.  It's a small one - 10 x 10."
 
The second images: the whole piece and a detail - is called "Strange Beauty" measuring 39 x 16.5."  The free motion stitching is part of a poem by Algernon Charles Sin-Burn.  I've sewn a pocket in the back that holds the whole poem.

3 comments:

quilthexle said...

How good you found the time to make quilts out of these prints - they are wonderful! I love the one with the writing in it ;-))

Marlene said...

You are so talented! I love what you did with the prints. And no, I will NOT, NOT be jealous!

Marlene said...

You are so talented! I love what you did with the prints. And no, I will NOT, NOT be jealous!