Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

                        "Inspired by the Zentangle® method of pattern drawing."

Having been bitten by the Zentangle craze, I just had to stitch up some Easter eggs to send to family and friends.  The first image is an example of the ones I stitched.  The second is what I drew on paper while I "taught" 3 classes of children at my local art association.  I shared with them images of eggs that were zentangled.  I showed some easy tangles, gave them some egg stencils and markers, and let them have at it.  Some just doodled away ever so quietly.  If you can imagine 6 preteens drawing away for an hour and not saying a word.  Incredible!  The classes of elementary children were fairly quiet as well.  I had little to do once these young artists got going, so I drew as well.  Fun!  Relaxing!  Meditative!

The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is copyrighted. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

Wish you all a pleasant Easter Day!  Celebrate Springtime!  The birds are singing, the flowers blooming and sending out beautiful fragrances, the sand warm to the toes,  kites flying.........  Enjoy!

1 comment:

zanylady99 said...

Cool! No, I can't imagine pre-teens quiet for an hour. Yes, that zentangling is magical!