Wednesday, October 10, 2012

World of Books

                               
"Nature Revealed" is a wee little book 3" square that won Third Prize at my local Island Art Association's Nouveau Art Exhibit entitled "World of Books."  Leaf printing - both direct and monotype.  The colorful inside was cut from a very large paper I printed while the children in the free once-a-month class at Island Art Association were printing themselves. They were quite independent and didn't need me.  I created this little book in a very short time.  I'm amazed and thrilled it won a prize.


 
"Watch the Leaves Turn" was the other entry to the show.  I spent a lot of time on this one.  I love it!  I've since changed the closure as the threads kept tangling.


I love making books!  Especially nature printed ones.

No comments: