The folllowing images are influenced by Jane Davies.
|These are not my best. Hopefully I can salvage them during Friday's printing class!|
Things I have learned so far
1. A whole new way of gell printing: ink up part of the plate, print just part of the paper, watercolor effect (adding water to the leftover paint on the plate), hold 2 ends of the paper and dip onto plate
2. always add a second color to the plate - don't use paint right from bottle/tube
3. Cardstock stencils may stick to the plate - ugh - leaves pulp behind
4. Cardstock stencils end up looking beautiful with layers of paint - great collage material!
5. Work in a series. Carla had us print 8 papers - of course 8 was not enough for me.....
I'm sure there's more....... I'll return to gelli printing again after Friday's class.
I highly recommend Carla's class. Check the Flickr link to the class images. A real treat. http://www.flickr.com/groups/2247646@N22/pool/with/8784377807/#photo_8784377807