Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gelli Plate Class

I'm in the middle of taking an online class with Carla Sonheim.  It's wonderful!  I'm learning a lot.  She is presenting a whole new way of using the gelli plate that I have not explored before.  The following are images from Day One.  http://www.carlasonheim.blogspot.com/




I lost 2 others in cyber space......
The folllowing images are influenced by Jane Davies.


Day 3 of Carla's class - Day 2 was my gathering stencil/stamp material.




These are not my best.  Hopefully I can salvage them during Friday's printing class!

Things I have learned so far
1.  A whole new way of gell printing:  ink up part of the plate, print just part of the paper, watercolor effect (adding water to the leftover paint on the plate), hold 2 ends of the paper and dip onto plate
2.  always add a second color to the plate - don't use paint right from bottle/tube
3.  Cardstock stencils may stick to the plate - ugh - leaves pulp behind
4.  Cardstock stencils end up looking beautiful with layers of paint - great collage material!
5.  Work in a series.  Carla had us print 8 papers - of course 8 was not enough for me.....

I'm sure there's more.......  I'll return to gelli printing again after Friday's class.

I highly recommend Carla's class.  Check the Flickr link to the class images.  A real treat.  http://www.flickr.com/groups/2247646@N22/pool/with/8784377807/#photo_8784377807

1 comment:

zanylady99 said...

You are just having way too much fun! Continue on!