Monday, September 17, 2007

Back Home Working




Back home after the Yellow Daisy Art and Craft Festival in Atlanta and a visit with good friends in the NC Mountains. The mountains were simply beautiful. And they provided rest and relaxation. The show - the weather and crowds were great. It's good to be home at the beach and in my studio. Once again I'm getting ready for several shows. Three "Christmas Made in the South" - Franklin, Tenn., Savannah, GA and here at home(well almost at home): Jacksonville, FL. Carolina Shows, Inc. runs the shows. I did the Jacksonville Show last year - great potential is there. I do a bunch of little items - items I enjoy creating yet on the craft side. I hang my fiber wall hangings up on the display panels as well. Indoor shows are much easier to do from the artist and artist's husband's stand point. No setting up the tent. No taking down of art at the end of each day as I do for outdoor shows. No worry about the weather either! Wish me success! I have 2 outdoor shows as well: Neptune Art Festival in Virginia Beach, VA Sept 28 - 30th and the Amelia Arts Festival, here in Fernandina Beach, FL November 9 & 10. Geez, I'm tired already!

Been creating small items, most incomplete as yet: 10 Palm quilted artcards, 2 beach pins, numerous orange lady pins and wonderfully wacky lady pins, some artdolls(working up different patterns I've drawn up). I am!!!! going to play with my new machine needlefelting machine!!! Today!!!!

Pics include: artdoll, Wonderfully Wacky pin and 4x6 Palm

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Your little dolls are great. I especially like the wild woman one....just my kind of gal!

Good luck on your upcoming shows!!!!