Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Once again, Getting Ready for Shows





Shall I said I've been busy?????? I seem to be always busy when I'm home - nonstop! But am I having fun! Here are some pics of: examples of my seamaid and sea turtle pins; two altered books. One is an altered children's board book: I carved windows in the pages and decorated them: 1. image and words on a transparency; 2. free motion stitching on organza; 3. free motion stitching on netting with beads and buttons pocketed; and lastly, 4. collage needlefelted heart with lace heart on top, dictionary page defining "heart" and trim. The pages were tissue paper bits and acrylic sponge painted. I added yarns and ribbon to hang from the binding. The fabric book: used 2 pages of a children's board book to stiffen the covers, and torn book pages and old book tree images printed on organza as well as my dyed and printed leaf fabric (the lightly colored side. The dark side is commercial batik with silk leaves machine embroidered on. Both sides have the following quote machine stitched on: "Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf." Rabindranath Tagore. Both books for for my local art association challenge for October and November. I learned a lot and had great fun!

Now I'm getting packed for my next 2 shows: Neptune Art Festival, Virginia Beach, VA September 28 - 30 and Christmas Made in the South, Franklin, TN October 5 - 7.
I'll be gone for 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Whew, you have been a busy gal. I love seeing pictures of your art. The little board book sounds like it was great fun to make. I love all the printing art you do. Much success in all the shows!!!