Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Enjoying My Time in the Studio





Having a ball working away. My sister wanted me to take time to smell the flowers. I have. Well, I really took time to walk the beach in between the wind storms. The wind was been furious but there was a little lull and I took advantage of it. Boy, do I ever enjoy the beach, surf, sky, sand.... Heaven! And I do frequently gaze out at the view: sand dunes, ocean and sky. My sewing machine faces that ever changing view. I am one lucky woman!

What have I been doing????? 10 Palm 4x6ers, 6 beach pins, 6 quilted fabric reproductions(around 4x5"), 3 sea turtle and 3 fish 4x6ers and a bunch of ornaments - those are done and packaged. I did play with the embellisher/needle felting machine the other day. What fun. The sea turtle pic shows the needlefelted sea grass. I felted some yarns to Kunin felt and will made a person pin. I sewed up some sea turtle and mermaid pin bodies - will stuff and embellish the next few evenings. I've started some altered books - 2 mini board books and one hardback. I'm suppose to get at least 2 altered books done by Tuesday for my local art association's challenge - time will tell. I've waited til the last minute once again. The challenge is to use an old book or parts of, so I may come up with another plan.

Tomorrow I head for the Jacksonville Quiltfest with my fiber friends of Fernandina and Jacksonville. Can't wait for the eye candy as well as the vendors.

No comments: