Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Latest Studio Work

I saw a great leaf wreath (what a mouthful) the other day on one of the many blogs I visit and came up with this one.  I added paint to leaves I already printed and stitched for earlier projects.  I wanted more fall-like colors.  I hot glued them on an embroidery hoop and voila!  a Fall wreath!  I'm tickled to use up some of those leftover leaves.

The First Street Gallery, Neptune Beach, Florida, sells my composition book and covers.  So I painted, collaged and stitched the above plus a few more that look similar.  Off they go to the gallery!

2 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

You know, I just can't believe you don't get comments on your work...it mystifies me that some blogs have millions of followers and comments without much content, and then there's yours with such lovely work. Hmmm. Anyway, really liked your fabric surface design experiments, your portrait of your daughter and son-in-law, and your experiments with sewing faces. And I thought your Travel Journal was pretty cool too. So glad I stopped by!
best, nadia

Kara said...

I love the wreath! What a beautiful way to use your leaf printing. You can pick leaves on any walk with me. :)