Friday, August 31, 2007

Back Home for a short while, a very short while





Had a wonderful trip up North. Maine is simply beautiful! Views were breath-taking! I took a few pics. The foggy weather was cool but not too good for taking good photos. Memories are grand, though.

The Nature Printing Society's ( http://www.natureprintingsociety.info/index.htm )workshop and annual meeting in Bar Harbor was wonderful. I wanted to stretch out of my comfortable box and learn some new techniques: Solar plate printing, non toxic etching plates and foilography. I've included some pics of the results of the workshop. I loved all the new techniques: now to find the time to do more and to figure out how to print fabric with the new plates.

Today, I'm trying to play catch up with all my emails and blogs that I love to view. Been putting away all my Bar Harbor stuff! And I want to quilt some. Will i have time to start playing with my new embellisher (needlefelting machine)????? Hummmmmm...... I leave home again this coming Tuesday for the Yellow Daisy art Festival in Atlanta. Gotta do some more work for that.... Ugh...... only so much time in a day......

Oh, I also indirect printed a crab: a piece of fabric was lightly adhered to a prepared crab and then dabbed with paints. The rocks didn't turn out so well, but I love the crab and the sea star!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Very nice, Diane! Love the color play and quilting, too! Keep up the good work and have two successful shows soon!!!
M