Thursday, February 21, 2013

A very interesting quote

 

"When you buy from an independent artist, you are buying more than just a painting. You are buying hundreds of hours of experimentation and thousands of failures. You are buying days, weeks, months, years of frustration and moments of pure joy. You aren’t just buying a thing, you are buying a piece of heart, part of a soul, a private moment in someone’s life. Most importantly, you are buying that artist more time to do something they are truly passionate about; something that makes all the above worth the fear and the doubt; something that puts the life into the living.”

Rebekah Joy Plett

Ponder over this quote I just read on Paper Ponderings blog. Time to reflect. Fiona Dempster, the blog writer, had written her thoughts about the quote. By the way, I just love your artwork.
http://paperponderings.blogspot.com/2013/02/thursday-thoughts_21.html

1 comment:

layers said...

I like this quote very much. I have been dealing with an artist who has copied my collages using digital imagery on her computer.. I feel like she has stolen my identity as an artist.