Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Work in Progress

I pieced the leaf printed center awhile back being inspired by someone's work - I'll research that wonderful artist - the fabric behind it is one of the ice dyed pieces my sister and I created a couple of years ago.  I plan on hand couching yarn or ribbon to continue some of the narrow strips with minimal machine stitching .

The image below is another of the ice dyed fabric that I machine stitched a little - I'm in the process of handstitching.  How I am loving the handstitching.  The stitching is quite meditative and addictive. I'm thinking another "man" piece.  Time will tell.
The following image is the beginning of a quilt for grandson, Max.  I'm rethinking the pieced center - maybe just using reds and whites.ell with that as well.

No comments: