Monday, May 7, 2007

Shrimpfest done for another year



Shrimpfest is over for this year. The weather and crowds were great on Saturday. I received lots and lots of compliments on my work. The sales were good as well. A highlight of the show was receiving an Award of Merit for my "Invasion of the Hearts." I just had to post an image of ribbon and quilt! The other photo I thought you might like to see is my booth - what it looks like at Shrimpfest. I have a bigger spot than is usually given due to the street planters. And I love it. I can spread out more. On Sunday, the day of the photo, we were battling rain showers off and on, so we had to move things back and forth. The winds picked up and the show closed early - a cell of higher winds was heading our way. High winds and tents/canopys are not a good thing. Sales were low as people seemed to be sightseeing on a fast pace. I didn't blame them. The weather was threatening. Another highlight of the show was the visiting of my former students. Always, it is great to see their smily faces and see how they've grown. I taught 3 - 6 year olds at the local Montessori School for 15 years until art took over my life.

3 comments:

Marta said...

Congratulations!!!! The piece is absolutely stunning; I love it!

Dianne said...

I agree stunning piece I just love it congratulation, it is a winner...

Diane said...

Thank you, Ladies.