Monday, May 28, 2007
Been busy this holiday weekend. Besides enjoying walking on the beach, I've been finishing up some projects. I've included some pics of the finished leaf printed, machine quilted bookmarks and the scrap quilt. The latter was a project initiated by the All Things Fabric group. I thoroughly enjoyed the hand stitching the squares/rectangles, added upholstery flowers(machine stitched down as the shapes were fraying too much) and then I added old silk flowers and leaves - machine stitching. I decided to make the quilt a journal cover. I added vintage buttons as well. This I hope to be included in a Recycle/found object show.
I also added spray paint, using Colormists, to my own hand-dyed fabric using dogwood leaves as a stencil. I've machine quilted that. Had to add some color using Shiva paintsticks. I plan to add the previously printed dogwoods that I had cut out and fused to felt and machine quilted - they will be tacked on the quilt. I want to stretch this to a stretcher frame. I add a pic when completed.
Working at my local art gallery for the day. Some hand work!