Monday, April 23, 2007

A Lull in an Artist's Life



After being away from my studio and sewing machine, I thought I would just settle in and get to work. Wrong! I'm at a standstill. So, I do what I always do and just sew. Soemtimes I just pieced scrapes together, sometimes I finish up work. This time I finished up work. The crab on the right is one of a series of 4. I had the tops collaged and fused. Two I had finished earlier, the other two have been just sitting around. The crab is an itty bitty one I found on the beach and scanned, printed out on specially treated fabric. The quilting on each is different but folks do tell me I have my own style.

The weaving on the left is a piece I did at my dear fiber friend, Nancy's home. I used yarn for the warp and various bits and pieces of fabric and fiber. I had a ball. Then, it has sat around here for awhile. I just needle felted it to a piece of felt and will probably frame it. I just love it. I taught this simple but fun weaving project to a bunch of children at my local art association. They, too, had a ball.

No comments: