Monday, April 30, 2007

Morning of inspriation and afternoon of quilting

This morning I met with my local fiber friends for our monthly gathering. We shared some of our latest work. Then got into what we wanted from the group. Different views for different folk. Just like we each have different styles of work yet the love of fiber and fabric is common. I do get inspired and energize just being with them.

I spent the afternoon machine quilting 5 small pieces - no real creativity involved. 3 are fish prints that I added top and bottom borders and two are pelicans: one using the pattern I designed before and a smaller one I drew up, added borders to those as well. I can get into a meditative state with my free motion quilting. The pieces are ready for binding. I'll finish them up tomorrow. I have to do some labelling, pricing, packaging of things tomorrow as well before I get into the next project. The Shrimpfest is approaching ever so fast.

No comments: